It’s a habit many of us have: checking our cellphones in bed, and charging them while we’re sleeping.
Police in New York City are asking folks to reconsider that habit, WCBV reports.
These photos posted to Twitter by the NYPD’s 33rd Precinct in Washington Heights show the aftermath of a cellphone overheating and catching fire.
The phone was apparently under someone’s pillow while they were asleep.
It is unclear where and when the incident happened.
“Don’t put your cellphone under a pillow when sleeping or when charging your device,” the NYPD warned in the tweet with the photos.